- Страна издания: United Kingdom
- Вид доступа: Онлайн
Deepen your understanding of the language systems of English – including phonology, vocabulary, grammar and discourse – and promote effective learning through English in the classroom.
This course is ideal if
• You are a non-native English speaker and you want to use English in class more accurately and effectively.
• You are a native English speaker and you want to adjust the language you use in class to be more useful for learners.
• You want to improve your knowledge of the language systems of English.
You should already have
• B2 level English or higher.
As a teacher, you need to use English appropriately and confidently. This includes both having a strong grasp of the way the language works, and also using the right language at the right time in class. This course explains the kinds of language you should use during “teacher talk” – including when setting up activities, in discourse and asking questions – as well as reinforcing your understanding of key language areas and discussing why this is important. The course also equips you to talk about your professional development, for discussions with peers, directors, or in the forums. Together this ensures you use English in the best way – for you and your learners.
By taking this course, you’ll learn
• The key language features and terminology used in phonology (British), vocabulary, grammar and discourse.
• The best ways to use English within the classroom.
• How to discuss your growth as a teacher.