- Страна издания: United Kingdom
- Вид доступа: Онлайн
Learn the most effective practices for engaging teenage learners in the classroom. Help them achieve their goals by better understanding teenagers in the 21st century.
This course is ideal if
• You teach classes of teenagers (13-19 years old). • You’d like to understand teenagers better.
You should already have
• B1 level English or higher.
What’s the secret to motivating teenage learners? To answer this question, we need to look at the classroom from their perspective. A variety of things influence teenagers’ behaviour and their ability to learn, many of which only arrived in the 21st Century. This course explains how to match your teaching to the needs and interests of this age group, and how these differ between boys, girls, older and younger teenagers. It offers specific classroom management strategies and techniques – from how to get their attention to when and how to use discipline – as well as offering practical examples, such as how to use music and video for effective learning. These ideas will help you inspire teenagers to learn because they want to.
By taking this course, you’ll learn
• How teenagers think and how this is different from other learners.
• How to give them intrinsic motivation to learn.
• Practical strategies to manage teenage classes.
• Activities to present language points in an engaging way.
• How to use technology appropriately with modern teenagers.